Jul 13, 2009

Dinner is Served

The cheapskate menu tonight was hamburgers, boiled red potatoes and a side salad. I made the buns myself with my bread maker and used a couple of pounds of the ground beef in my freezer. The salad was left over from dinner a couple of nights ago when it was too hot to cook so I did a chef salad.

The homemade buns were surprisingly easy. I was mostly concerned that what yeast I do have expired 2+ years ago, but I have been keeping it sealed in the fridge all this time. So I donned my Necromancer's hat, heated the milk the recipe called for & added a teaspoon of sugar, also from the recipe. Ten minutes later I was cackling and announcing "It's alive, It's alive!!" Sadly my proclamation was greeted by eye rolling, not thunder. I am vastly under appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment